Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Arroz A La Valenciana -- YUM

Yesterday my friend Isabel made Arroz A La Valenciana for lunch.  It is one of my favorite foods to eat in Nicaragua.  She showed my mom how to make it so she can make it for me at home.  It has cut up carrots, rice, chicken, raisins, peas, onions, celery, bell peppers and a special sauce.  You serve it with pan (bread). Isabel also showed us how to make dragon fruit frescas.  It has pitayas (dragon fruit), limes, sugar and water.  You blend it in a blender machine.  You do not cut the dragon fruit, you just cut it in half and push it into the blender.  You need dos (two) dragon fruits.  She also taught us how to make tostones which are fried plantains.  They taste just like french fries.  The other dinner she taught my mom how to make is pollo jalapeno.  It is really good but I did not like the jalapenos.  You flatten the chicken and put yogurt, garlic and chicken stock and mix it together.  My mom is going to try making it when we get back.

Andie Guy




No comments:

Post a Comment